Jill’s Crankfest 2015 continues. I’m outta sorts. In a funk. I’m constantly stressing about things I have no control over. I feel like I’m in a perpetual state of limbo. And I hate it.
We all know that one of the things I do to pull myself out of a bad mood is to remind myself of things that I love. Because even on the worst days, there are little bright spots.
(Also, please note that I’m being a tad melodramatic. These days of crankiness are far from the worst days of my life. Don’t feel too sorry for me, dudes.)
Here’s a list of my loves this Wednesday:
- Habitant Pea Soup with Smoked Ham. I’ve been attempting to eat much healthier of late, as you all know, and I suppose canned soup doesn’t rank very high on lists of health food, but it’s been this little bowl of comfort each evening this week that I’ve been looking forward to the most.
- Jared Leto cut his hair. I really haven’t been a fan of Jared’s Jesus look the past few years. It delighted me immensely when I heard yesterday that he lopped off his long locks and shaved. Apparently I’m in a minority, though – what’s up with the ladies liking that look? ick. Give me Mr. Clean-Shaven Leto any day.
- The 21 Day Fix. While I may feel like I’ve been in a rut in many ways lately, I feel like I’ve busted out of one on the exercise front. My Beachbody coach offered to let me try out his copy of The 21 Day Fix workout DVD’s, and they have been a breath of fresh air to my exercise schedule. While he was unable to loan me the nutrition guides and containers that also come with the program, I’ve vowed to eat extremely healthy for these 21 days and see what kind of results I can get. I know, I’m only on my third day, but it feels good to be doing something different. So far, I’m a big fan.
- Jimmy Fallon singing a medley of duets with Kelly Clarkson on Monday night. Apparently Kelly has been having a hard time lately finding people to collaborate with, so I thought it was really cute of Jimmy to say, “Hell, I’ll sing with you, Kelly!”
- Speaking of Jimmy… he had Ryan Reynolds on his show as well, and it reminded me of how much I love Ryan Reynolds.
- The Hamburgler. aka, Andrew Hammond, the Sens’ rookie goaltender who stepped in between the pipes when both our goalies went down, and has been playing AWESOME!! Last night was his first loss, but it was in a shoot-out, so it hardly counts. He has me excited about watching the Senators again.
- Adam Levine. The Voice is back, and I so enjoy my Adam time every Monday and Tuesday evening.
- News that Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood welcomed their son, Isaiah Michael, last Friday. I’ll never forgive Carrie for stealing Mike away from me and my hockey team, but I’m so happy for him. Mike was always one of the nicest, most humble guys, and I have no doubt he will be thrilled in his new role as daddy.
- Knowing that I’m going to be an auntie again in a month or so… My brother and his wife are expecting, and the time is drawing near! I got a little baby fix on Sunday, getting to meet and snuggle with my cousin’s new baby girl, and it made me itch to meet the newest member of our family. Coming soon… very soon!!
Well, that’s about it for today, folks. I hope you’re all having a good week!!