It’s still January. Seriously. Has it not been January, like, forever?
I’ve got randoms floating through my brain this morning. Here we go.
- The weather is baffling me. Last week, it was forty below, today it’s going to +10 or 11 or some ridiculous balmy temperature. Every time it snows, we get a heatwave and it all melts. I am so not impressed with this dumb January freeze-and-thaw routine we’re in. THIS IS THE TIME FOR PRETTY SNOW, not spring-like conditions. Man, do I ever wish I could really control the weather!!
- If you’re a pal of mine on Facebook, you may have already heard this lament, but HOLY FRACK it made me mad last night when I was *trying* to be a good kid and do my TurboFire workout properly - attempting some of the jumping that I’ve avoided for the first few weeks – and the dumb DVD wouldn’t stop skipping. Every time I jumped, it went beserk. My dad always told me I was as graceful as an elephant, and that was never more obvious to me than last night!
- Lament #2 of the week: The fact that in the first two weeks, I lost just over 11 pounds, and then last week I lost nothing. Not an ounce. Zip. Nada. Soooo frustrating. Especially since I was still well-behaved food-wise for the most part, and never missed a workout. Dammit.
- I can’t be plateauing already. Impossible.
- I’ve been told to forget the number on the scale and just be proud of myself for following my program. But I get such gratification when I see that damn number go down. *sigh*
- OK! Moving on!!
- LOST. Final season. Two discs in. It’s weird. I’m still enjoying it, but I really kind of do feel lost watching it. I mean, I’m following these characters that I’ve been so wrapped up in for the past few months, and all of a sudden I’m like, “What the heck. They’re in this temple, and so much is going on, and I don’t understand any of it.” I was warned this would happen.
- There are so many books that I want to be reading right now – Divergent by Veronica Roth, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson (all sitting on my book shelf waiting for me)– but instead, I’m plodding through our book club selection, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I’m not a fan. I don’t hate it, but I definitely don’t love it. It feels like I’ve been reading it for-ev-errrrrrrr. It brings the weird and uncomfortable in epic proportions. Definitely one of the strangest books I’ve ever read…
- Did you guys know Wade Redden scored a goal on the weekend? It made my heart happy. :)
- I am so thrilled that there are new pictures of Wade to put up on the blog!!!!!! squeeeeeeeee!!!!
- And of course, the Sens comeback win over the Washington Capitals last night also made my heart happy. Oh, how I missed hockey!!
Happy Wednesday, friends!