I can’t seem to shake the heaviness in my heart this week. I guess at a time like this, that’s how I’m supposed to feel.
But today, rather than dwelling in the sadness, I’m going to focus on the positives and try to find some happiness.
So here’s what’s bringing some happy to my life today!
- My car, and the fact that it started this morning in the –30 Celsius temperature. I know, it’s brand-new, there should be no problems with a brand-new car starting. But I was worried, because it’s SO SO FREAKIN’ COLD OUT, and also I realized that my car did not come with a block heater. (This is the reason why girls need boys to help them buy cars. I did not know what a block heater was, let alone that I needed my car to come with one.)
- The news that our student minister, Nancy, passed her Ordination interview in Montreal yesterday. Congratulations, Nancy, so very happy for you. One more step… :)
- My new sippy cup from DISNEY!!! I have an obsession with tall plastic cups with lids and straws lately. Lindsay brought me one from the land of Mickey Mouse, along with a cute pair of Disney socks and a super-cute pink Minnie Mouse pen. Presents always make me happy.
- My cozy giant fluffy warm blanket from Chapters. I bought it shortly after Christmas when it was on sale (the Chapters blankies are kind of expensive, but sooo luxurious); however, I don’t think I truly appreciated it until it the bitter cold of this week.
- The puzzle on my dining room table. I’ve been working on it a bit each evening this week, and I’ve found it to be a stress-reliever, and it takes my mind off other things.
- WEIGHT LOSS!!! Dudes, I’m losing weight. And it feels awesome. I’m down over 11 pounds in just over two weeks. The TurboFire workouts are getting a little easier each day, and I’m really enjoying them. I’ve also found it not as difficult as I thought it would be to stick to my healthy eating plan. I know I’m only a few weeks in, but I’m pretty happy with my progress thus far.
- LOST, Season 6, on DVD. I finished Season 5 back around Christmas time, and I’ve been waiting impatiently for Season 6 to arrive from Amazon for weeks now. (My order got held up because of one of the other items on it not being available at that time.) I’m finally going to see how this thing wraps up, and I’m very excited about that!
- My Hamilton Beach single-serve blender. My momma bought this for me last week, after my Shakeology order arrived and I was trying to figure out how I could make shakes at work for lunch without having to lug a big blender with my every day. This little blender is sort of like a Magic Bullet, but it was cheaper and seems to be working great so far, and compact enough for me to take with me to work!
- HOCKEY’S BACK!! AND WADE REDDEN’S BACK!! OK, so he’s not back in Ottawa, but my favourite player of all time is finally back in the NHL, and that makes me so very very happy. For the first time in my life, I have an interest in St. Louis Blues hockey… I’m also insanely pleased with the Sens’ start to this short season, two big wins under their belts and looking great! GO SENS GO!!
- Pictures of happy times and fond memories. For the past few days, many of my friends have been sharing pictures of good times and happy memories. I thank God for that. They truly are a comfort at such a difficult time.