Ever sit back and really think about yourself? How you’re feeling, and why you’re feeling such a way?
I’ve done that this morning. And here are my very scientific - and probably quite boring – findings:
1. Worried – Well, I’m always worried about something, so this is nothing new. But on this particular morning, my worry seems to be centered around the fact that I’m afraid I’m not losing any more weight. Like, I’m STUCK at 11 pounds lost and I will never again lose another ounce. Ever. I have not weighed myself since Monday (my rule is only getting on the scales on Monday, otherwise I get obsessed) – but I just have a bad feeling about it this week. I’m trapped in my fat body and I CAN’T GET OUT!!!!
2. Jealous – My mother and I talked about this this morning. I’m insanely jealous of every damn person who has gone South, or will be heading South, this winter. My mom was all like, “Meh, I don’t care, I don’t really mind winter, I don’t think I’d even want to go,” and then I was all like, “That’s because you’ve never BEEN THERE!” Don’t get me wrong. I love winter. I love snow. But seriously, I’m dreaming of a week in Cuba. Or the Dominican Republic. Or Jamaica. Or even Florida. And hating everyone who gets to go this year. Assholes.
3. Excited & proud – The Sens, of course. They’re kicking ass & takin’ names. Last night, they whooped the Habs pretty good. 5-1, final score. I only wish I’d been there to taunt those Montreal fans in attendance along with the rest of the Sens Army. Very proud of the fans who were there, Olé-ing their hearts out, and TAKING BACK THE BANK. Good job, kids.
4. Dull - That’s right. I feel kind of dull these days. I mean, I’m kind of happy being dull, and I’m kind of enjoying my dull lifestyle. I watch LOST on my laptop because my TV & DVD player are total jackasses. I work out. I eat fruit. I hang out with my mom and watch hockey. I read. I work on my puzzle. I drink tea. And…well, that’s about it. Dullsville, and happy to be here, I guess.
5. Determined - I mentioned my jackass TV and his brother the asshat DVD player. My TV – or rather, the satellite dish, I guess – has been a pain in my butt for over a year now. There’s a cord that I think isn’t working properly, so every couple of days, the dish goes nutty and cuts in and out, like it would in a bad storm or something, except there’s no storm. I wiggle the cord, and if I’m lucky, it’ll work for a few more days. Then it goes apeshit again. Usually on the night that I want to watch The Vampire Diaries. So frustrating. Also, my DVD player kak’d out on me a few weeks ago, so I’m using the super-cheapo one that I had in my room, and it doesn’t work very well either. (As in, won’t play the LOST DVD’s at all, it sucks them in, goes to black screen, and holds them hostage until I unplug everything and start it all back up. Then it will spit the DVD back out at me.) SO. Needless to say, my new mission in life (aside from losing a kabillion pounds) is to get a NICE, NEW, MODERN TV and A FUNCTIONING DVD PLAYER and MY OWN DISH THAT HAS CORDS THAT WORK. This is getting ridiculous, people.
6. OLD - Yes, some days, I feel very old. Some days I do not. Some days I still feel like a kid, and it panics me that I’m turning 30 and I still feel like a kid. But then some days, I see something like this and it makes me feel like I’m insanely old:
And it also makes me want to start watching my Friends DVD’s again.
But I bet my DVD player will eat them.