It’s Thursday. The day of the week that starts with “Th”. Which works nicely with my need to alliterate. (and any excuse to be random.)
Hence… Thoughts on Thursday.
- Talking about all the movies I want to see over the holiday season yesterday has me just dying to go to the movies. Have I mentioned lately that the theatre is one of my favourite places to be? It’s my Happy Place.
- Have I ever told you the story about the time I got a massage, and the lady told me to relax and go to my Happy Place? Talk about not relaxing. I spent the first half-hour of the massage trying to figure out where my Happy Place was. And I spent the last half hour of the massage suppressing a desperate need to go pee. Worst.massage.ever.
- Point of the story is… If I was told now to go to my Happy Place, I think I’d automatically go to a comfy theatre seat, popcorn in hand, in the dark, watching the big screen. I love it.
- Speaking of movies. I placed another Amazon order this morning. Paid off the last bill, placed a new order. *sigh* What a vicious cycle. I decided that I had to get Season 5 of LOST in time for the Christmas holidays. I finished Season 4 last week, and I was holding off on getting the next one until I whittled away my credit card debt, but I just couldn’t wait any longer.
- To go along with LOST (and to get me to the minimum for free shipping), I added the Christmas Classics collection and How The Grinch Stole Christmas on DVD (because I can’t find my VHS tapes with The Grinch, Frosty, Rudolph, and Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town), and I also ordered Halloween: H20 and The Sixth Sense on DVD. Yes, I know. Those are kinda out of season. But I realized at Halloween that I really wanted them, and they were cheap. So sue me.
- It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book that I was really excited about. Like, months. I haven’t been wowed by anything since… well, I guess it was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which I read in the summer. It took me a super long time to get into it, but when it hooked me, I couldn’t put it down. So I suppose it shouldn’t surprise me that the book I’m reading now is one that has finally got me excited about reading again; of course, it’s the second book in the Millennium Trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire. Why has it taken me so long to continue on with Mikael Blomqvist and Lisbeth Salander??? I have no idea, but I’m glad I finally did!
- Good news to anyone who has been to my place lately and felt deep concern over the lack of compassion I’ve been showing to my goldfish: I finally cleaned the tank last night.
- I was embarrassed to have my friends in Saturday and know that the slime had built up so badly that it left one of them asking, “Is there even a fish in there?” I joked that I was doing it for everyone’s protection, to save them from seeing his grotesque lump that is protruding from one side of him. (For the record, the growth started before the slime build-up, so I don’t think it’s related to the unclean tank.) My mom was not impressed, though. She told me I was being cruel, and that I shouldn’t even be allowed to own a fish if that’s what I was going to do to it. Who knew my mom was such a fish activist… Regardless, she was happy when I showed her this picture this morning.
- This story would probably be better if I’d taken a “before” shot to show you just how bad it had gotten, but… those of you who saw it in person can vouch for how horrible it was. I promise to never let it get that bad again!!
- Today is the first day I’ve truly let myself get excited about Christmas holidays. It kind of just dawned on me that there’s only one more week left of work and then I’m off until January 3rd. *squeeeeeee!!!*
I think that’s all I’ve got for today, folks. Only one more day until the weekend… :)