As you arrive to read the Blog today, you'll notice a few little changes. I jazzed things up a little yesterday by adding a poll - look for a new one every couple of days. And I finally figured out how to add a list of links! More changes could be coming soon, so try to contain your excitement... ;)
Now, on to Survivor. Last night kicked off the season of Gabon. No idea where that is, but sure, let's give 'er! Here's my early impressions:
- I missed the first half hour because of Karate, and tuned in just in time to see the first girl get eliminated. I didn't get to see much of her, but as far as I could tell, it was a good riddance situation. What a skinny raging bitch! She was pissed 'cause she wasn't on the "good-looking tribe" (if I were her tribemates Dan & Matty - pretty good-looking dudes - I'd be insulted), and called her tribemates losers. Atta be the cancer of the group right off the bat, chickie!
- The two tribes are called Kota and Fang. But Fang is pronounced "Fong". Hmm. Kota's really awesome and have won everything so far. Fang sucks. Big time.
- I was excited when I heard one of the competitors was named "Jillian". Turns out, it's with a "G", and she's a 60-year-old nurse who wouldn't even help one of her tribe members when he cut his head, claiming it was too dark to see the wound. Her tribed quickly deduced she was dead weight, and she would have been voted off first, except for crankypants skin-n-bones. Gillian made it through the first Tribal Council, but she wasn't so lucky the second go-round.
- I kept seeing this hot guy in the promo commercials, but it took me awhile to pick him out last night. When I finally did, my first impressions were correct. Marcus is hot. Colby-esque in his hotness. And smart. He's a doctor. Mmmmmm...!! The weird part? He instantly made friends with Charlie the gay lawyer, who has a secret crush on him. It kinda threw me off, and I was afraid my "HOT SURVIVOR GUY" was actually gay. Lindsay confirmed for me this morning that I didn't miss anything in the early part of the show - Marcus is definitely not gay. Phew!!
- Anyone else sick of the great leader debate that seems to take place with at least one of the tribes every year? GC automatically lost points in my book for first offering to be the leader of his disfunctional tribe, then stepping down from his post a day later. What a coward.
- I hate Randy, the guy who cut his head and had to get the medical team in on, like, the first day. He's an ass. And he made comments about Gillian-with-a-"G" being so old ... Um, check a mirror, buddy, you're not exactly a spring chicken yourself!!
- The only good part about the Fang tribe, as far as I can tell, is Matty. He's the closest thing to hot after Marcus. He keeps his mouth shut, gives it his all in the challenges, and never gets involved in the constant squabbling. I hope he can last through these early days of turmoil on his tribe, because if he could get over there in the Marcus-Charlie alliance, they could become a powerhouse.
- I initially thought Dan was hot too, and he is, except he's also a bit "duh", which takes away from his attractiveness. His lawyer-speak is annoying, and he couldn't even find the hidden immunity idol when he was sent to Exile, wasting his time by over-analyzing the clue. Bone head.
- One of the girls on Kota mentioned how they seemed to have all the smart guys. She would appear to be correct. Bob the physics teacher looks like a geek but is so strong in the mental challenges, like puzzles and untying knots - major asset. Charlie's a lawyer and Marcus is a doctor. Lots of school years between the two of them, I'm thinking. And even Ace, who would appear to be the flaky male who leads his team in yoga exercises in their underwear, seems to be extremely intelligent and fits in well with his group. This tribe is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
- As usual, I have a hard time catching on to names after the first night, and even I find it funny that I can name all the guys, but not one girl, except Gillian-with-a-"G". Gosh, I love boys.
- Did I mention how hot Marcus is?
OK, I think that's enough for Episode 1...
Have a great weekend, everyone!