Monday, December 23, 2019

Almost Time!!!

We are officially only two days away now, guys!!  The excitement is bubbling, and I'm just trying to keep it all under control for another day or so!!

I keep bouncing between feeling relaxed and accomplished, and feeling like there's still SO much to do.  I finished my wrapping last Wednesday and Thursday evenings, then attended the live radio play production of Little Women at our church on Friday evening.  Saturday I had some free time, so I decided to bake cookies for the man who won my 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies in last year's Canada Day Committee auction - they were long overdue!  Then I went "Elfing" and delivered them, as well as tins of Christmas cookies to a bunch of folks around town.  I had hoped to have some crocheted Christmas ornaments to deliver as well, but I never got around to them.  I have been working on a blanket that I wanted to have ready to give at Christmas, and I FINALLY got it done last night.  I also got our games for Christmas Eve prepped this weekend, made my stop to pick up my Christmas booze, and watched some more Christmas movies.

However, there were things I couldn't get accomplished this weekend. I had wanted to take my gifts ahead to my mom's, but my brother's kids are there for a few days and I didn't want them to see me bringing them in.  Also, I'd have liked to get my Christmas Eve snacks ready but it seemed too early to do that.

SO.  Here's the plan for the next 2 days.  Tonight, I have our annual Christmas pizza party with my friend Lindsay and her family.  I'm also going to try to get laundry done when I get home.  Tomorrow, I work until noon and then I will rush home to spend the afternoon doing final prep: making Christmas Eve snacks, packing up gifts and my stuff for the night, watching Miracle on 34th Street, and hopefully doing my nails if I have time.  I will take everything up to my mom's late afternoon, likely have a light supper, then head to church with her.  And then... then the fun begins!!  Christmas Eve service, family games, snacks, and drinks at my mom's, spending the night there, and waking up to Christmas morning with family!!  We'll have dinner with my BIL's family that night, then my brother's kids return for Boxing Day, when we will have more gifts and our family dinner.

I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT!!!

And yet, no matter how excited I am over the hub-bub, there are also quiet moments I look forward to, too.  For instance - after everyone has gone off to bed on Christmas Eve, I love lying on the couch watching the old A Christmas Carol in black-and-white by the glow of the tree.  They play it late every Christmas Eve.  I love sitting on the couch in the early hours the next morning, while it's still dark out, and waiting for Caden and Danica to join me.  I love that night, after we return from the Provost family dinner, finding a movie to watch quietly to unwind from the day.  And then, once the commotion of our Boxing Day celebration is over, I love to just go into hiding for a day or so, to hunker down and have a Netflix binge or movie day.

I hope that wherever you are and whatever your plans may be, that you are filled with the Christmas spirit and have a wonderful time celebrating with friends & family!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!


No comments: