Wednesday, June 26, 2019

What's shakin' this week.

A point-form rundown of what's going on in my world this week!

  • Still obsessed with the Raptors.  More specifically, Kawhi.  Is he going to sign with Toronto?  Is he going to bail for LA?  I spend far more time checking Twitter for any glimmer of hope or any sign of an update than I ever thought possible.
  • Confession:  I've been writing Kawhi fan fiction.  It is absolutely ridiculous, yet here I am.  Sometimes writing fan fiction gets me out of an obsession.  For instance, Tessa & Scott.  I got all tied up in them during their Olympic run last year, and it wasn't til I wrote down my Tessa & Scott fantasy story that I was able to move on.  I don't think it's going to work for Kawhi though.  I need him to stay in TO.  I need him to reign as King of the North.
  • Aside from the Kawhi stuff, I have become all caught up in the book I'm currently reading.  My sister had given me her copy of the latest smut she'd picked up, a book called "The Mister" by EL James (remember her?  She wrote the 50 Shades series).  It was slow for me to start, but last night I got totally hooked.  I read way past my bedtime, thus leaving me a little on the sleepy side this morning. I just love when I reach the end of a chapter of a book and can't wait to dive into the next.  It's pure dramatic smut, but we all need one of those every now and then, don't we?  It's keeping me...erm... entertained during my Kawhi obsession.
  • This past weekend, I watched "When They See Us" on Netflix.  It's a miniseries based on the true story of five young black and hispanic teens who were blamed for the rape and attempted murder of a female jogger in Central Park back in the late 80's.  I had never heard the story before, and I got very swept up in the miniseries.  The first episode, when they show these five decent, innocent kids being coerced and forced by cops to confess left me feeling queasy and so unsettled.  It was pretty intense, and very troubling.  Also upsetting was seeing how Donald Trump tried to get involved, and even tried to get the death penalty brought back because of these young men and what happened.  Chalk another reason up for me to loathe and detest that barbarian they call "president". ugh.
  • I'm excited about Stranger Things 3 coming to Netflix next week.  But in the meantime, I had to find something else to watch - something not too long, because I know I'm going to want to dive right into Stranger Things when it hits.  So I started up the last season of House of Cards that I'd never got around to watching.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, without Kevin Spacey on the show (understandably so), but I'm a few episodes in and I'm loving Claire as president and having her talk to the camera the way Frank used to. 
  • I'm super stoked to see the new movie coming out this week "Yesterday".  It is definitely going to be my next trip to the movie theatre!  It just looks like so much fun, and I love the Beatles.  I'm hoping to drag my friend Sara along, since she is the biggest Beatles fan I know.  Who knows, maybe we can get a whole gang of friends to join us!  It should be a fun one to see.
  • Also on deck to watch in the near future:  The Notebook.  Oh, yes, of course, I have seen it 86 times, but I haven't watched it in a while. And just last night, I stumbled upon a clip shared on Twitter of Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams celebrating their Best Kiss win that year at the MTV Movie Awards by sharing a big, dramatic on-stage smooch.  I had never seen it before, and it was... hot.  It made me want to watch the movie again.
  • Things are finally starting to feel summery around here.  It's been a long time coming!  This week has finally seen us have a hint of a heatwave (interspersed with rain and thunderstorms) and it has me craving all the fun things I want to do this summer.  Summer Bucket List coming soon!
  • The rest of this week is being dedicated to preparing for the upcoming holiday weekend.  We have relatives coming from the Toronto area for our town's Canada Day festivities on Sunday, so I have grass cutting, house cleaning, and groceries to get done.  Hopefully all of this will keep me busy until the news on Kawhi comes down.
  • Have I mentioned I still love Kawhi?  Because I still love Kawhi.

No comments: