Thursday, June 27, 2019

That Summer Feelin'

That summer feelin' is finally starting to set in.  And, like... FINALLY.  I mean, it is almost July for crying out loud!!  It's taken a while, but now that the lazy hazy days are upon us, I'm ready to set out a little bucket list of what I'd like to do this summer.  Here's what I'm hoping to get accomplished:

  • Celebrate Canada Day with family & friends:  This one is on deck first, with the big day rolling around this weekend!!  Our little town celebrates a day early, so on June 30th I'll be having a party at my place (since the parade route goes right by my house).  My relatives from the TO area will be in town, and I always love seeing the friends and family that wind up on my front lawn in their red & white.  Looking forward to it!
  • Attend the Carp Market: I went last summer with my friend Sharon for the Garlic Festival, and I'm hoping to go back again this summer (not necessarily for the garlic) - plans are already in the works!
  • Dinner at Chelsea Pub/La Cigale for ice cream:  My sister & BIL don't live far from Chelsea, and we often say we want to go for dinner at the Chelsea Pub but as far as I can remember, we've only done it once.  And La Cigale is just around the corner, we HAVE to go there for ice cream too!!
  • Beach Days... often!!:  I think I say this every year... I want to go to the beach more!!  I love beach days in Norway Bay with friends.  It's so close to home, I don't know why I don't go more often.
  • Boat Days: My heart is happiest when I"m on the water, and I hope to get out there a few times this summer.  Friends Kerry & Jeff sometimes invite me out on their pontoon, and I also love a good rip along the river in Uncle Eric's boat.  I just told my mom recently that my idea of a perfect summer day is to spend the day bumming around on the beach, reading, swimming, tanning, and then heading out on the river on the boat, followed by a BBQ dinner.  Fingers crossed that we can make this happen!
  • Take me out to the ball game:  I would love to hit up a few ball games this summer.  I'm not sure if the Quyon Flyers plan to play any games in town this year (I think they're scheduled to play home games out of Shawville), but I'd love to catch some of them, and also go to some of my nephews games.
  • Fix up my deck: This one is a big "maybe".  As I've mentioned before, my roof and yard have been infested with pigeons in the past year.  So while I like the idea of making my deck a more appealing place to hang out, I also won't be investing in new stuff just to have birds crap all over it.  It's a shame to have a deck that I can't really enjoy, but the pigeons are a reality.  If they somehow get them out of my life, then maybe.  I'd like to get new deck furniture - maybe a swing, or a couch.  An outdoor bin to keep cushions and blankets in.  A fire pit thingy.  Get rid of the old BBQ.  Get an umbrella for the table.  ... we'll see.
  • Pool Time, Any Time!:  If any invite comes in to go swimming... take it, Jill!!  Nothing better than bobbing around in a pool on a beautiful day!! 
  • Beat the heat - go to the movies:  You know how some days are so damn sticky hot you can't even enjoy them?  Those are the days I plan to hit up the movie theatre.  There are lots of movies coming out this summer that I want to see:  Yesterday, The Lion King, Toy Story 4.  The movie theatre is another of my happy places, so I look forward to that too.
  • Celebrate my birthday:  There is already a nice line-up of events coming together surrounding my birthday on July 28th.  Our company golf tournament is the 26th of July, the tractor pull is on July 27th, and then I'm off on holidays the whole following week.  Let the Queen's Jubilee begin!! ;)
  • Summer Movie Marathon:  I always like to find one rainy Saturday in the summer to enjoy a Summer Movie Marathon.  I'm talking Dirty Dancing, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Cocktail, Mama Mia!... just summery movies, all day long!
  • Hike to the Carbide Ruins:  I've been seeing pictures and hearing about this for a couple of years now.  Hopefully I can round up some fellow hikers to hit it up this summer.
  • Enjoy fun summer reads:  I have a couple of books on my shelf that just scream "fun summer reads", and I've been kind of avoiding them, saving them for the summertime.  And now it's here.  Time to pick up those books and lose myself in some fun summer reading!
  • Summer crochet projects:  I'm hoping this year to enter some crocheting at the Shawville Fair, and I have nothing accomplished thus far (thanks to an afghan I've been working on that is taking WAY longer than anticipated.)  I need to go over the list of categories and start working on those to have them ready for the end of the summer.
  • Celebrate Kawhi Staying:  God, I hope...
What's on YOUR Summer Bucket List?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

MOVING...ugh, that is what my summer is going to be - packing, moving, unpacking and organizing.

Nicole said...

This carp market sounds interesting. And I need to tag you on a post on FB I said about my birthday month a couple days ago because obviously, it includes you too :). If you didn't see it anyway.