Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Jill's October To-Do's

October is here, and I couldn't be happier!  My favourite time of year has officially BEGUN! :)

A bunch of my blog pals shared their October To Do Lists yesterday, and I'm a day late but I'm going to play along.  October is a jam-packed month, I'm so looking forward to all of the fun!
  • Book Club - It is this Friday, and it's an appropriately murdery/creepy book we'll be discussing!  (Although I read it months ago, lol!)  The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson.  Looking forward to chatting with the girls!
  • Baking cookies - I donated homemade cookies to an online auction this past spring, and one of the winners is cashing in this weekend.  Gotta get my bake on!
  • Celebrating Thanksgiving - This Saturday, our family is gathering at my mom's for our dinner, and I can't wait!  I'm craving turkey dinner! Yum!!  
  • Haunted Houses - I have not one but TWO trips planned to Haunted Houses!  A friend of mine just recently discovered we have one not far from home, just up in Bryson, so we're going to check it out.  Then I have plans to visit the Billings Estate House on Haunted Hill event next Friday.  Ready to get my spook on!
  • Hair Appointment - I've been trying to grow my hair out longer, and it is a slooooow process.  Next Tuesday, I'll be getting low-lights put in for the fall/winter, but hopefully no cut (unless my hair dresser deems my ends need to be cut).
  • Celebrating birthdays!  I have a couple of friends with birthdays this month, and my nephew Caden is turning 13 (WHAT?!?) - so there will be some celebrating going on this month for sure.
  • Taking photos - I have a few friends who have asked me to take fall family photos for them.  I have one of them done already, and a couple more to go over the next month or so.  I'm trying to space them out a bit so I can have them all edited in a timely fashion. 
  • Watching scary movies - Yup, it's that time of year!  I have that strong desire to immerse myself in all things creepy and spooktacular!  I saw a fellow blogger posted a challenge to watch a horror movie for every day of the month.  I don't think I can accomplish that, but I am going to make a scary movie bucket list and try to watch as many of them as I can.
  • CAR RALLY!! It's one of my favourite days of the year, and I'm already so looking forward to it.  I love touring the back roads with my friends, answering the questions, searching for clues, and just having a lot of laughs with Stacy, Ricky, Sara & Graham.  It's always SUCH a good day!
  • Organizing the Christmas House Tour - Well, hopefully, anyway.  I'm struggling to find willing participants this year.  Going to keep trying, though, and hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to say it's a go!
  • Scary Movie Marathon - I know, I already put "watching scary movies" up there.  But this event is a special one, separate from that.  It's become a tradition for me to force my friend Lindsay to watch scary movies with me the Saturday before Halloween.  We eat pizza and chips and candy, sometimes Ryan joins us, and we've incorporated Sam into the marathon too by watching a kid's Halloween movie around supper time.  I believe this year's choices are It (2017 version) and A Quiet Place, with Hotel Transylvania for Sam.  I love Scary Movie Marathon Day!!
  • Enjoying all the pumpkin things - I made a pumpkin loaf a few weeks ago that was to die for, and I'm sure I'll be making more!  Also enjoying Pumpkin Spice Bailey's in my coffee whenever I can.  And buying a pumpkin to carve, and to roast the seeds!  Mmmm... pumpkin... 
  • Preparing Halloween treat bags - I'll be stocking up on mini chocolate bars and candy soon, then assembling my treat bags towards the end of the month.  It's such a fun task.  
  • Celebrating Halloween! Christmas is my favourite, but Halloween isn't far behind.  I so adore this time of year.  Since Halloween lands on work day, we'll likely have our little office party as usual.  We usually have some snacks (I like to bring my pumpkin cheese ball), and I already have my costume.  Then I'll join my mom after work for a special supper (something fun, like bacon bunnies or pizza or macaroni casserole) and greet all of the trick-or-treaters at the door.  YAY FOR HALLOWEEN! :)
What's on YOUR October to-do list?

3 comments:

Rev. Nancy said...

Let me know if you need a top up of Bailey's, lol! What are bacon bunnies? Caden 13????? He was a little dude when I started in Quyon!

Annsterw said...

That pumpkin cheeseball looks awesome!! How awesome that you will be at your mothers for Thanksgiving is that fantastic- enjoy!

Nicole said...

I'm not sure I could do scary books... I can't do scary movies :). haha. I wish we had some of the fun things you do there... I might be envious! Happy Thanksgiving!!