Friday, December 22, 2017

It's almost time...

The baking is finished, the presents are wrapped, {most}of the movies and specials have been watched...  We're still three days away, but man, I am SO READY!!!!

Today will be a half-day, and I'm not only supremely excited about that, I'm also a little relieved... the Curling Christmas Party last night was fun, and I had about two beers too many, so the head is a wee bit fuzzy this morning.  At noon, we'll likely gather in the shop for a few drinks and a little MVT jam session, then it will be home for a nap.  Tonight, I'll be heading to Lindsay & Ryan's for our annual Christmas movie night, and that's always one of my favourite holiday traditions, especially now that Sam's so into movies!!

Tomorrow I have to make a quick trip to Shawville to get stuff to make the saran wrap ball game for Christmas Eve, and we're also going to watch Caden's hockey game.  Then we'll be off to Kayla and Ben's for the Eve of Christmas Eve at the Duquettes.  Super fun!!  I can't wait!!

Sunday is Christmas Eve, but we don't have a morning church service, so it will likely actually be a pretty relaxing day.  I'll have lots of time to pack up my stuff, get food and drinks ready, and get up to my mom's.  I'll have no trouble squeezing in my annual Christmas Eve viewing of Miracle on 34th Street, of that I'm almost positive.  After supper, we'll be off to church, another tradition that is an absolute must!!

I'm so excited about it all.  Honestly, the only slight problem I have is that I've been having weird heart palpitation problems.  They've been ongoing for months, but they have become much more frequent over the past week, which not only makes me nervous but also is SO annoying.  I have been to see my doctor about it, and I have tests and appointments coming up in the new year to try and get to the bottom of it, but in the meantime, since they aren't being accompanied by any of the serious symptoms (chest pain, dizziness, fainting), I just have to live with them.  And they are driving me BANANAS.  My doc has reassured me I'm healthy and he thinks it's more stress-related than anything, but they literally make me want to pull my hair out when they happen.  So frustrating, and I don't want them to ruin my holidays!!!

OK... I got that little vent out.  (Anyone who has been around me for more than 2 minutes lately has heard enough about the heart palps, trust me).  And now, I hope I can move on and just have a HOLLY, JOLLY CHRISTMAS!!!

Wishing you & yours all the best this holiday season.  Enjoy the food, the drinks, the presents, the fun, and most of all, the time spent with loved ones.  It really is more about the "presence"  than the "presents"!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS!!! SEE YA IN 2018!!! XOXO

4 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

So sorry to hear about your heart palpitations. I've had those in the past, and they are awful! I hope you get to the bottom of yours. Mine seemed to be stress related, and I never did get an answer, but they thankfully went away on their own.
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Rev. Nancy said...

Merry Christmas Jillian. I hope your heart palpitations calm down. Maybe you could learn to meditate? That would help, I think. Take care. Love to all.

Nicole said...

I'm a little late but Happy late Christmas and New Year!

Blogger said...

saltwater hook
treble hook
worm hook