Thursday, June 08, 2017

Currently: June

I thought I'd do one of those "Currently" posts to share what's up in my world so far this month.  Yay for JUNE!! :)

Reading:  The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware... and I have to say, not really loving it.  I had seen it recommended by several bloggers I follow, and I was excited to start it after a month of struggling through The Catcher in the Rye, but unfortunately, it just hasn't "captured" me.  It's sort of a murder mystery set on a cruise ship, where the main character, Lo,  believes she has witnessed a crime, and all the other guests and staff aboard the cruise she considers suspects, but nobody believes her story.  And honestly, I don't really believe her either.  I had hoped it would be the kind of mystery that would grip me and keep me page-turning, but instead, I'm bored and a little annoyed by it all.  Ready for it to be over...

Listening to: the new Chris Stapleton album, From A Room, especially the track "Broken Halos".  Also loving "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber, and "Strip That Down" by Liam Payne.  (Well, I'm not ACTUALLY listening to these songs at this moment.  Just in general.  If I'm being literal, I'm listening to office noise and chatter lol.)

Planning:  Not much, really, at the moment.  I'm thinking ahead to several fun things - going to Montreal in July to see Ed Sheeran, my week of holidays in early August, and a girls' long weekend trip to Nova Scotia at the end of September, but plans are already kind of made, or it's still too far away to get into the nitty-gritty of planning.  I guess you could say I'm planning on what to make for food for our Sunday School picnic on Sunday! LOL  (Torn between doing a big fruit platter or a nacho dip... hmmm.)

Wishing:  that my Sens were back in action already.  Or, better yet, that they had won that frigging Game 7 two weeks ago and were now playing Nashville in the Stanley Cup Final.  God, how much I wanted it... I can't even explain how badly I wanted it.  #stillbitter

Watching:  Prison Break, again.  There are a million things I could be watching, but after the re-boot season of PB ended, I just couldn't let go.  So I started over again.  I'm nearing the end of the first season, and I'm just loving Michael Scofield so much.  Time hasn't changed a thing!

Hoping: that my new Keurig comes in soon.  My 7-year-old Keurig, which has always been a faithful and trouble-free appliance, decided to crap out on me earlier this week.  I googled methods on how to "fix" it, and I literally tried everything - de-scaling, "spank & burping", the whole she-bang, and nothing has worked.  It's done.  So I ordered a new one off Amazon the other day.  It should be here in a week's time, but that's a long time to go without a functioning coffee maker...

Learning:  allllllll about heart palpitations, because I can't stop googling it. I have experienced random heart palpitations off and on for years, nothing my doc has ever been concerned about, but recently they seem to have gotten worse - more specifically, towards the end of Relay for Life.  In the last few hours of walking, I was getting them once or twice an hour.  It feels like a fluttering in my chest, and it kind of takes my breath away and makes me cough when it happens.  Since then, I've been paranoid of it happening again.  I'm on a new medication for blood pressure, which might make you think that's the cause, but this medication is supposed to stop heart palpitations, not make them worse.  The google doctor tells me they are usually harmless, and none of the symptoms that are supposed to be concerning are happening to me (chest pain, dizziness, loss of consciousness, shortness of breath) so I'm trying not to worry.  I have a doctor's appointment coming up at the end of July, and I'd really like to hang in there until then...

Browsing:  not much these days, just my usual social media rotation, checking blogs, etc.  Oh, and I guess I've been browsing a lot about the heart palps. Maybe I should have saved that for this answer. haha!

Going: to Book Club tomorrow night!  On the Artists Tour on Saturday!  To the Lions Anniversary Dinner on Saturday night!  To the Sunday School Picnic on Sunday! 'Tis a busier weekend than a normally like to have, but oh well.  All fun stuff that I'm looking forward to!

What's up with you, Currently??


1 comment:

Rev. Nancy said...

Have fun at the picnic!