Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh, Is It 2010 Already?

Yeah...the Blog's a little late in welcoming the New Year, but hey, here it is: Happy 2010!!

Another wonderful holiday season has come and gone, and I miss it terribly. I always miss Christmas when it's over, but this year, it's even worse. I long for it. The sleeping in, the family fun (including a 4-year-old who was absoultely THRILLED with the whole Santa thing this year), the drinks, the food, the presents, the music... It comes and goes too quickly. And in its wake, I feel just a little depressed, and even worse, a little too fat.

The Resolution? What else could it be. To dump the holiday weight, plus an additional 100 lbs. Same crap every year. Does it ever work? Usually, no.

Ah, but this year, I tell ya...This year!!!!...

There's plenty to accomplish in 2010 - in fact, so much so that it overwhelms me. It's kind of scary to look ahead to the 365 days in the year, holding a list of all that you want to do during those days, and wonder if it's at all possible. Paying off my credit card...buying new furniture...possibly buying a laptop...saving money for a trip...

Will it all get done?? Maybe this will be the year I discover a money tree growing in my back yard??

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. But with or without the money tree, I can guarantee one thing for 2010 - I'm going to continue to have fun.

Because at the end of the day, isn't that all that really matters?

1 comment:

Stacy said...

well good luck with the weight loss - but if you dont think of it as a new years resolution and that you have to lose a certain amount by a certain time, maybe you would lose some weight not even knowing. Eat healthy but dont stress about it sorta thing...i dont know!
SAVING is my number one resolution i have to say - wanna take Maddy to Disney!