Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Wait is Over, the Other Just Beginning...

In the past few weeks, I have told you about all the waiting going on this December for my family - not just for Christmas, but also for the birth of my sister's baby.

Well, one of those waits is over. And it's not December 25th yet, so you guessed it - the baby finally arrived!

On Monday, December 15th, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Danica Hazel was born, weighing 7 lbs. 2 ozs., measuring 19 3/4" long. I have an absolutely adorable little niece to snuggle & spoil! I visited Danica Monday night, when she was about 7 hours old, and she was the most precious little thing. Her big brother is also pretty fond of her too, reminding everyone when he gets a chance that she is HIS Danica and that she's "sweeeeeet"!!

I couldn't agree more :)
So now, a week away from Christmas, the added excitement of having a new little bundle around for the holidays has me even more anxious for the holidays! One more week...So soon, yet so far away! In the days leading up to Christmas, I intend on savouring every wonderful moment - the wrapping, the building Gingerbread houses, the gift exchanges, the food, and the music. And, of course, Danica.

What a wonderful time of year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy for ya's to have gotten a girl - and right before CHristmas, just a nice gift! hopefully Kara had her shopping all done and can now just relax with Danica while Caden is at daycare and have some time to herself...if Caden is even at daycare...he might be wanting to stay home with HIS Danica!

Congrats again - you have heard this about 10 times from me already!

Stacy

Jill said...

Thanks Stace - I'm pretty excited that it's a girl too! We were all soooo sure it was a boy!! I believe that all their shopping is done & Caden is going to daycare, and Chris is off for the rest of the week too, so they'll be resting up for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

So glad you got your baby girl! They are so precious and so easy to buy Christmas gifts for. I spent more on McKenna than I did on everybody else, even Chad!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jill!!! She's adorable!