Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday Confessions

I confess... that I watched my first televised NBA basketball game last night. #wethenorth

I confess... that the above statement is not entirely true.  Why do these games start so late?!?  I watched until half-time (I'm not even sure if it's called half-time??) and then I fell asleep.  I woke up with 4 minutes left in the game.  But I saw most of the important stuff, I think.

I confess... that I thought Nick Nurse was a hockey player.  He is not.  He is the coach of the Toronto Raptors.  (Thanks to my cousin Bucky for clarifying for me that Darnell Nurse is a hockey player.)

I confess... that I thought it was pretty sweet that Drake showed up wearing Steph Curry's dad's Toronto jersey.  Say what you want about Drake being a distraction on the sidelines... I like his style.

I confess... that I was surprised how quickly I started catching on to "basketball stuff" after only watching one game (or, part of one game).  I started getting the terms down, and I was picking up on who the players were.  I might just become a basketball fan after all.

I confess... that really, truly, I just want in on that hype.  That magic.  You don't get this kind of experience every day.  And I want in

I confess... that I'm torn on what to do tomorrow.  Peaceful day at home, or try to drum up a trip to the theatre to see Aladdin?  Decisions, decisions...

I confess... that last weekend I had to bake cookies to fill an order that was won through the Canada Day Committee's auction held this past winter. And I've been thinking about those cookies all week.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll bake cookies for me.

I confess... that watching my friend Stacy and her family perform to the Baby Shark song last night at the elementary school talent show was easily - easily - the highlight of my week.  It was PRICELESS!!

I confess... that I'm ready for a weekend. 

Happy Friday, friends!! :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

So glad you got to see the performance. It was last minute and unrehearsed lol as you could tell!