Thursday, April 04, 2019

It's April! (It doesn't look like it, but it is!!)

Welcome to April, friends!  We're 4 days in, and it still kinda looks like winter out there, but we're hanging tough and hoping the snow keeps going down a bit each day.

Here's what's up with me these days...
  • I'm on Book Club book #6!  The last one!!  And it's just gonna fly by, I can tell.  I usually really enjoy Emily Giffin books, and 6 chapters in, I can already tell this one has me hooked.  The last one, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate, was excellent.  One of my favourites in recent memory.  I was absolutely intrigued that it was based on a true story, and the horrible things that happened to these families and children who were torn apart by the Tennessee Children's Home Society.
  • I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale on Crave, and it is all kinds of creepy and intense.  I can't say I'm "loving" it - it's not like I'm dying to get home to watch it - but it really is bringing the book to life, and making "real" the disturbing dystopian concept of Margaret Atwood.  The book was disturbing enough on its own, but this has brought things to a whole 'nother level.
  • I had been collecting seasons of The Big Bang Theory on DVD, but I stopped a few years ago (probably around the time I got Internet in my home and got Netflix and stopped watching DVD's in general lol).  Now that the show is winding down, though, I really want to catch up and see what I've missed since Season 7.  It would make sense to watch it on Crave, right? But I have talked before about how stupid Crave is when it comes to being user-friendly.  I can't skip episodes, I would have to fast-forward through each one until Season 8.  And the fast-forwarding is SLOW.  I would literally spend hours having to fast-forward through 7 seasons.  No thank you.  So I'm back to buying seasons of BBT on DVD, and looking forward to cancelling Crave once I'm done watching The Handmaid's Tale and Castlerock.  Oh, and True Detective.  If new things are added that I want to watch (the latest seasons of Game of Thrones, for example) I'll just renew on a monthly basis when that happens.
  • Did I tell you guys I got Marie Kondo'd?  I totally got Marie Kondo'd.  A few weeks ago, my friend Lindsay came over and helped me empty out my closet and dresser drawers, and then go through everything and re-organize.  It was a massive job in my eyes, and one I was dreading, but now that it's done, I'm SO happy and relieved.  It has also nudged me to do some tidying up in other areas of my house that I've been neglecting (junk drawers, closets in other rooms).  My junk room is still an issue - one that I may wait to tackle next winter - and I also want to remove a bunch of old crap from my basement, but otherwise, my house is tidier than it has been in years.  It's a good feeling!
  • I'm going into my last "long weekend" of the winter, so one might think it's a last chance to dive into tidying some of those other rooms/spaces, but no way José.  I'm going to enjoy this weekend!  Tonight is our year-end curling party.  Tomorrow night is Book Club. Saturday I want to crochet, and try to finish the jigsaw puzzle I started two months ago, and watch TV, and read.  On Sunday, I have the fam coming for a birthday supper for my nephew and my mom.  And on Monday, I have to take my car in to get it fixed (my trunk won't open, yet I get a "trunk ajar" warning every time I start my car), so my mom and I may head to Renfrew to do some Easter shopping while they work on it.  I'm so looking forward to this last "winter weekend"!!
  • I'm also really excited to being done curling after tonight.  It's nice to think of having my Thursday nights back to do as I wish.  I already have plans for next Thursday night, actually!  The new version of Pet Sematary comes out this weekend, and I really want to see it.  It's probably been my favourite Stephen King book to read (I read it when I was in Grade 10, I think), and I also loved the original film adaptation, so I'm anxious to see what they have done with this new rendition.  Can't wait!!
Happy Thursday, everyone! :)

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

Steven King movies are always great but then I don't sleep for weeks! LOL! I have not tried Crave but I have been dying to see the Handmaids Tale...I have heard so many people talking about it! Annster's Domain