Going a little random this Thursday, folks!
- The dilemma of the morning: What, oh what, do I wear on my feet today? It snowed last night. And it rained last night. This resulted in a sloppy, slushy, puddley mess. I stood at my front door, gazing out, wondering, “Winter boots, rubber boots, or running shoes?” this morning. I went with the winter boots, because I hate my feet being cold. I don’t honestly know if there was a right choice this morning, though.
- Today is March 20th. I’m not sure, but I think it was exactly two years ago today that my mom & I had lunch on her patio. It was +20 Celcius that day. The snow had completely melted. It was a thing of beauty. Today, there’s still at LEAST a foot or two of snow on the ground, and while the temps might be warmer than they have been in weeks, we’re still far from +20. No patio today. Or any day soon, either, according to the long-range forecast. *sigh*
- The 37 Calorie Brownies are all gone. That’s right. I ate the other half of the pan last night. They were just as gross as the day before. And yet, still… I ate half the pan. *sigh*
- Next week, I have yet another healthy challenge upon me. I signed up for a 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge, which starts on Monday. I figure I’m already half-way there with the whole no sugar & artificial sweeteners for Lent thing, why not push myself to go the extra mile for a week? I’m kind of excited about it. My eating habits this week have been a little untidy, even though I have no junk in the house. Last night I didn’t binge as badly as I did the night before, but I still strayed big-time from what I had allocated myself in my food journal. I’m looking forward to a week of enforced clean eating to hopefully get me back on track.
- Clean eating research has kind of consumed me this week. I have spent way too much time googling, looking up info and recipes on Pinterest, creating a meal plan, and drafting a grocery list. I have a full page of grocery items which I really need to zone in on and pick out what’s absolutely necessary. I mean, I’m doing this for a week. I don’t need to buy every clean item in the store!
- The hard part: Soup & Sandwich Lunch is next Wednesday. I thought I was going to have to skip it, but my mother has determined that I should be able to eat her Turkey Vegetable Soup, and I think she’s even making me a special “just for Jill” sandwich on clean multigrain bread. Have I mentioned lately that my mom is the best?
- My kitchen. It is FINALLY done. !!!!!! The painting is finished, and on Monday, Mom and I completely cleaned the cupboards (and re-arranged the contents of them). Then on Tuesday while I was at work, Mom went back and scoured the dingy old cushion floor so that it now literally sparkles. Yes. My mom IS the best.
- I’ve been told before that spiders like cleanliness. And I now totally believe this, because in the past two days, I have spotted THREE spiders in my home. Two were in the newly cleaned kitchen. Little punks!
- It’s shapin’ up to be a hockey-filled weekend for this auntie! My nephew Caden won his playoff game last night, so they now play again tomorrow night, and we’re going to go watch. Then on Saturday, my niece Danica is playing her first “real” game, and we’re all going out for supper afterwards to celebrate. I’m excited.
- You know what I need to do? I need to get back into Dexter. I kind of stalled half-way through season 7. Haven’t even watched an episode in weeks. I don’t really know why, other than the fact that I now watch both my Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers PVR’d episodes in the evenings, and combined with my other shows, it doesn’t leave much time for Dexter. I need to make more time for him.
I think that’s it for today, friends! Have a good one!