Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Single Girl Files: An Introduction

As I mentioned in my Holiday Recap post, I've had an idea swirling around in my head about doing a weekly feature on my "single girl" status.

I'm a single girl wondrin' if love could be passin' me by
I'm a single girl and I know all about men and their lies
Nobody loves me 'cause nobody knows me
Nobody takes the time to go slowly
The single girl needs a sweet lovin' man to lean on.


I remember the first time I heard these Sandy Posey lyrics. I was at a party when Lise "The Voice of an Angel" Nobert played it on her guitar, and my mouth literally dropped open. It was like someone had crawled up inside my head and pulled out the thoughts and put them in a song. I stood up and shouted, "That's my friggin' THEME SONG!! That's MY SONG!!!"

Yes, it's possible that I may have been a little drunk as well.

I'm 27 years old. Twenty-seven. We're quickly approaching the age (or maybe I'm already there?) where people say, "Hmm...Must be something wrong with her to still be single at that age."

So that's what The Single Girl Files are going to be all about. What's wrong with me? What am I doing wrong? Is it the wrong guys? The wrong tactics? The wrong town? Or is it just me? Am I just wrong? We're going to explore my sad little experiences and try to figure this out. Okay, people? I need your help.

Or maybe you'll just laugh at me. Whatever. That's okay, too.

I also promise to hide the identy of the dudes in my stories. I promise, no names will appear here. Only secret code names that no one will understand but me. It's going to be super-secret. Swear.

Now, it has been suggested in the past by some close friends that my flirting methods leave a little to be desired. Yes, they have observed me in my flirting attempts. Just like zoo experts observe animals in the wild, or something. And they think I suck at it. So that is what you have to look forward to: The Flirt Face.

It's coming up soon. And you're gonna love it.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Jill,

I absolutely love love love this idea!!!! I am so looking forward to reading it:) And by the way, did u ever stop to think that maybe it's not what's wrong with you, but more like what's wrong with the guys!!!! I have yet to read about your adventures, but I am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with you!!! Also, have a fantastic trip down south!!!! I am so very jealous!!!

Stacy said...

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOU ACTUALLY DOING YOUR FLIRT FACE...
Will Dexter be mentioned??? LOL

Lindsay said...

Can't wait to read all about it!! Especially, the flirt face, ha ha ! xo

Nicole said...

I'm excited to read! I'm 27 too... I finally found my guy, somewhere I was least likely expecting it... an old high school friend... LOL. I know the right guy is out there for you, it just takes meeting him... but sometimes half the fun is the story that takes you there!

nancy said...

jillian,
there is nothing wrong with you, you are beautiful, talented, with one of the most loving, caring hearts I know. You just don't meet enough guys in your little world.
It will happen!