Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can you say *STRESSED*?!?!

I hate this week. Wanna know why?

It's the week of Murder Mystery. And it's the middle of November.

Know what that means? It means I'm stressing about two very major things:

A) Murder Mystery. Natch.
B) The fact that I have ONE FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS PRESENT BOUGHT AND THAT'S IT while the rest of the world is done their shopping and already has it wrapped and hidden in a magic closet waiting for the big day.

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

So. Murder Mystery first. Could I ever find a cast that doesn't love to wind me up and watch me go squirrely every. single. day? Don't get me wrong. I love them. They're going to be awesome. And this time next week, I will have written a lovely blog about them, blowing sunshine up their butts, and thanking them for being the bestest cast ever.

But until that day, I will worry. Worry about them not knowing their lines or getting drunk or doing a scene backwards or - God forbid - dropping f-bombs on-stage.

Throw that in with all the other little (and big) things that need to be done in preparation for MM, and I'm pretty much a basket case. Take today, for example. I woke up at 6 AM, half an hour before my alarm - I get SO pissed when that happens - and the first stupid little though that went clanging through my brain was, "We don't have a finale. We've never even thought of a clever ending."

Awesome. Two practices left, one being dress rehearsal, and we don't have a way to finish the thing off!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The good news? I've got lots of super-smart people around me who have awesome ideas and who love to remind me that this thing always works out, no matter how sure I am that it's going to blow giant chunks.

(And if any of my cast is out there reading this, please don't be offended. You really are all awesome and I love you immensely. And you won't blow giant chunks. I just worry about it every year. It would be weird if I didn't.)

*Sigh*

The other stress factor, as I mentioned, is stupid Christmas.

Again, don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. Absolutely my most favourite time of the year. And this year, I should have less to worry about because I basically cancelled presents with all of my friends (Cuba, here I come!!), and I only have my immediate family to buy for.

Even better - my family ruled that I buy the couples "couple presents" instead of individual gifts, because it's not fair that I buy them each a gift, while they slap "Love, Him & Her" on theirs. Perfect-o.

But you know what? It's superhard to find a gift that is suitable for both. And they really really suck at giving suggestions. Take Luke's wonderful idea from the weekend: "Ummm...you can get us a two-man bicycle. But don't worry if you can't afford that. You can get us a unicycle and she can ride on my shoulders."

hahaha. Funny boy.

(I shouldn't act all cool and sarcastic, because I actually did laugh. A lot.)

Anywayssssssss... Yes. It bothers me that everyone is finding awesome websites and taking lunch hour shopping trips and finding amazing deals and using wonderful bonus discount codes. 'Cause I've had zero luck.

Bah! STRESSED!!!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

hmmmm what? you're not buying me a xmas gift?! haha just joking! How many more days to CUBA? WOOO HOO!!!

And Murder Mystery is going to be GREAT, I can't wait! So stop stressing and just go with the flow!

Stacy said...

I laughed out loud about Luke's comment about the bike...
I am in the same boat as you for Christmas, I just started picking things up but at least Maddy will get three gifts if I don't find anything else! LOL
Times like this, I wish Santa was real (if you still believe in Santa, I am sorry but you shouldn't be checking out blogs if you still believe in him)...anyways, I wish Santa existed and you just fired him off the list and he did the shopping and PAID too...

anyways i'm sure MM will be great, I won't be there because, well I have only gone once and I have a much more important thing to do that night...babysit the twins! Woo hoo!

Lindsay said...

Don't worry about murder mystery or presents Jilly!! You can't have both on your mind and expect to get both accomplished. I bet by this time next week, after MM is over you will have lots of presents bought!! xo

Ashley said...

Ooo, I have ideas for you Jill and you can do them from your computer, at least for your sister and parents. Luke on the other hand, not so much... E-mail me if you are interested, not sure if your sister reads your blog.

ashleysmith_82{at}hotmail{dot}com

Jill said...

Sarah: I've honestly lost track this week...seriously, how many days til Cuba??? It can't come quick enough!!!
Stace: I DO wish Santa was real...so badly!!!
Linds: You're probably very right...once this MM is over, I can concentrate on Christmas gifts...
Ashley: I'm DEFINITELY gonna email you!!!
Thanks guys!! :)

Papi said...

Santa isn't real????