So yesterday, I was challenged by my friend Lindsay via her Blog (check it out at http://smalltowngirl-lindsay.blogspot.com/) to share ten things about myself.
This is the kind of game I just loooooooove! I did something similar on Facebook a few years ago, a list of 25 Random Things About Me...So this one's a little easier, it's only 10. But I am going to try and make it different than my original list of 25. Heeeeeeeere we go...
1. In recent weeks, I've come to the very sad conclusion that watching your parents' parents get old sucks. Watching your parents get old sucks. Getting old yourself...well, it sucks. So yeah. 27 is looming, and that SUCKS.
2. I'm in love with a teen vampire. And a teen werewolf. And I don't care if that's not normal behaviour for an almost-27-year old.
3. My 4-year-old nephew and I fight all the time. He calls me names. My 1-and-a-half-year-old niece doesn't even like me. I've barely even held her since she was old enough to shake her head "no". Despite that, I adore them...they are two of my favourite people in the world.
4. I'm terrified that someone close to me is going to name their baby one of the names I've had picked out for years. I'm even more terrified that I'm never going to get the opportunity to use the names I've had picked out for years.
5. Despite the fact that I'm planning a trip down south next winter, I can't stop eating. People talk about getting "bikini ready". I just want to be "bathing suit ready". At this rate, I'm going to have to wear a tent the whole week.
6. There's nothing I enjoy quite as much as a hot summer night at the ball field. The mosquitoes don't seem that bad, and even the beer tastes good. And I hate mosquitoes. And beer.
7. I miss Wade. It's been 2 years since he left the Ottawa Senators for the New York Rangers, and I may be one in a very small minority, but I'd take him back anyday. I don't think my team will ever feel right without him.
8. I love downloading new music and listening to it on my iPod. My latest purchase? Lukas Rossi's new album, "Hollywood". It's awesome.
9. Some of my favourite things: Banana popsicles, my guitar, chips & dip, good books, lip gloss, guys who look good in ball pants, Skittles, my crappy DVD player, friends, floating on a pool noodle, pictures, baby smell, strawberry daiquiris, Saturday mornings, my Blackberry, playoff time, McDonalds, dancing all night...
10. I really want goldfish. I've been wanting them for months now. I don't even know why. Since my dog Jake died when I was 12, I never wanted another pet. And if I did, I certainly didn't want goldfish. I thought goldfish were stupid. But now I want them, and I'm going to name them after dead singers, because that way when I have to flush them, I won't feel so bad. If I ever get them, my first two will be named Presley and Marley.
So there we have it. 10 things about me. Some of them, I'm sure some of you already knew. I'm also supposed to pass this on to 5 other people, but I know a few of you that read my blog and Lindsay's have already posted them in Lindsay's comment section. For those of you who haven't already, please feel free to leave your list of 10 in my comments section!