Thursday, August 27, 2009

There She Was, Just A-Walkin' Down the Street

God, am I glad to have a new iPod. I'm not sure how I survived 6 months without it.

As most of you already know, I rang in 2009 horribly after I realized I left my car un-locked on New Year's Eve outside the local watering hole, and discovered my iPod had been stolen while I was in the hotel for only about half an hour.

The place was deserted. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. Who the hell was out on an iPod-thieving mission, dammit?!

Anyways, I lost my beloved gift that a group of friends had given me last summer for my birthday, and couldn't immediately afford to replace it. Then, for my birthday this year, my family all contributed to the "Replace Jill's Lost iPod Fund", and shortly thereafter, I had a shiny new blue 16 GB iPod Nano in my possession.

So once again, I'm hitting the streets of the Q for my nightly walks. It's been difficult - I haven't been very active this summer, and it's hard getting back in the swing of things - but the iPod sure does help, especially the Walking Playlist I've created. It's amazing how some songs don't seem like they are fast-paced at all, but I've discovered that some of them have the perfect beat to walk to. Of course, there are those fun high-tempo dance songs that are also perfect for hitting the pavement. I'm going to share my Walking Playlist with you, in case any of you feel the need to walk it out...These songs should get ya going!

That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
Kiss on Me - Tyler Hilton
Moneytalks - AC/DC
Shake That Ass for Me - Eminem ft. Nate Dogg
I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2
Wild at Heart - Gloriana
4 Minutes - Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
California Love - Tupac ft. Dr. Dre
How Bizarre - OMC
Love You Til the End - The Pogues (OK, this is one of my favourite songs of all time, I could listen to it anywhere, anytime - but it really does have a good tempo for walking!)
Boots or Hearts - The Tragically Hip
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Shake It - Metro Station
Anna Turn it Up - Oliver Pigott
Through & Through & Through - Joel Plaskett
Ride Wit Me - Nelly
Numba 1 (Tide is High) - Kardinal Offishal ft. Keri Hilson
I Hate My Life - Theory of a Deadman
Get Low - Lil John and Da Eastside Boyz
Fire Burning - Sean Kingston
Crazy Girls - Bethany Joy Lenz
When the Night Feels My Song - Bedouin Soundclash
Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) - AR Rahman ft. The Pussycat Dolls
Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

So there - if you walked throughout this entire playlist, you're looking at a 2-hour walk, folks! And of course, there are a billion other good songs to keep you marching along - this is just what I've got on rotation right now.

Happy walking!!

No comments: